We hope you guys are enjoying the information we provide and having fun on our site. Today we will continue the "Introduction with Linux Distro" series. Today on this 11th segment we are having Bodhi Linux as our guest. In last segment we told you that we will be introducing a beautiful Linux distro, so here it is. Bodhi Linux is beautiful from outside as well as inside.Back in march 2011 Bodhi Linux has it's first initial release. After these 5 years Bodhi Linux is having 3.2.1 as latest version which is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Bodhi linux is well known for it's lightweight nature. Let's get to know few thing about Bodhi Linux.
- Compatibility : Bodhi Linux is compatible with new 64 bit machines as well as older 32 bit and Non-PAE machines. You can simply install Bodhi Linux on workstations, netbooks, home pc, etc. There used to be a ARM based tablet version of Bodhi Linux but it was disconnected later.
- Lightweight : Bodhi Linux is one of the best lightweight distributions available in the world. It is roughly around 500-550 mb in size. But even though it is lightweight, it provides all the necessary feature you want in your daily life.
- Desktop Environment : At first Bodhi Linux was using Enlightenment desktop environment. But in Latest release 3.2.1 Bodhi started to use Moksha as their desktop environment. Moksha is a fork of Enlightenment.
- Performance and Stability : Bodhi Linux is lightweight but in terms of performance it is as good as anything. It only needs 128 MB of ram along with 300 MHz processor to deliver a powerful performance. It works like a charm on 32 bit systems too. Bodhi Linux hardly need 3 GB of hard disk space. Bodhi Linux 3.2.1 uses Linux kernel 4.2. It is very stable as it looks.
- Customization : Bodhi Linux is highly customizable. You can change from themes to fonts and everything. There is a dedicated settings panel for customizations.