Previously we posted:
Previously we posted:
I hope you liked it.
So today I am going to show you "How to highly compress a file?"
After searching from weeks,i finally got a tool to compress a file highly.
so by highly i meant to say more than Half of its original file size.
The one i tested,i got 93.7MB from a 245MB file isn't it really amazing?
And and...we have still a more surprising thing for you,it is that the result is for a VIDEO FILE,no Pals,i am not kidding at all.
PLATFORM USED FOR TESTING:WINDOWS(ALSO AVAILABLE FOR LINUX)
So according to the hompage of FreeArc,it uses 11 compression algorithms and filters,which is higher(Even double compared to few,more or less) than most of available file compressing tools/achiever.
Even I felt that this software is not only fast in compressing but also high in performance.
we can call it one of the fastest and most efficient file achiever available!
It gave me much fine results,around 2-3 time lesser time period than few i have used.
It also provides "convert to SFX" which is self extracted archives and installers.
And so on many features they have.....check on their Homepage.
One thing i liked that they also pointed out their lacked features,what i really liked about them!
Accoding to them in the present FreeArc(0.666)
"Compared to RAR and 7-zip, FreeArc at this moment lacks the following: multi-volume archives, 64-bit version, storing of file attributes/extended timestamps/NTFS streams in the archive, bcj2, data segmentation. These are planned to be fixed in subsequent versions"
So Now Its Time For A Tutorial:
- Download these files from here.
1.Windows installer(or Portable Windows package)
2.Add-on: FreeArc PowerPack (standard set of external compressors).
- Now install both of them,now you can either directly compress Files/Folders or Even by going to the main software and selecting files/folders.so i will just Compress directly!
- Here is the file i have compressed
CHECK OUT THE SIZE IS 245MB.
- Now right click on the desired file and go to FreeArc and now you can see three options,so both of top options are preset with default settings and will give normal results like I got 138MB after compression.So if you have good configuration in your system then follow the next,select "Add to archive".
- Now choose these settings in two screenshots below,for best results.
(The Make EXE will convert it to SFX in .EXE than .ARC,by which you can extract the compressed file even in a system in which FreeArc is not installed.)
- Click on "OK" and compression will be started.
- Here is the result
So I hope you all liked this post so please share with your friends and share it.